It is our policy to ensure we operate in a manner than minimises the impact of our operations on the environment.
This policy is achieved via:
- Analysing possible environmental impacts (e.g. declared flora and fauna, water sources and quality, indigenous areas, fire risks, stock issues etc) before work is commenced at any new job sites via a Pre-Start Checklist.
- Working with other contractors to ensure adequate awareness of environmental issues through pre-start inductions at each plantation.
- Raising environmental issues at monthly toolbox meetings.
- Recording, investigating and reporting any environmental incident or accident as specified in the accident/incident procedure above. This includes the statutory reporting of significant hydrocarbon spills.
- Waste management through disposal of waste products in accordance with relevant regulations.
- Good housekeeping practices on site including removal of all waste products/rubbish. Rubbish Bin located at each site.
- Ensuring products are used and stored in accordance, with the manufacturers specifications.
- Ensuring Spill Response Kits are available on each site and that employees understand response procedure.