This policy is achieved via:
- Education and consultation with workers.
- Compliant pre-employment drug test
- Conducting drug and alcohol testing randomly & regularly, this includes instances where it is suspected that an employee may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Employee’s must advise their Supervisor if they are taking any prescription drug that may affect their ability to operate machinery.
- No allowance of alcohol on any company worksite or premises’.
The presence of drugs & alcohol in an individual attending work will result in immediate suspension from work duties without pay and a written warning. The employee may not return to work until a clear test is received. The employee will be encouraged to seek counselling and provided support in the work place as determined by management. However, in the event of a positive test result the company reserves the right to terminate the employee immediately as they see