Unacceptable work performance or inappropriate conduct will be dealt with in a fair and consistent manner.
This policy is achieved via:
- Where unacceptable performance is detected the employee concerned will be counselled, where necessary a written account of the issue will be given and a suitable period of time to remedy those deficiencies may be given.
- In instances of disciplinary action, the employee will be allowed to address the allegations against him/her. Full details of the allegations will be given to the employee at an interview and the employee will be allowed to have a representative present.
- Should an employee breach any of the cardinal rules of employment (Section 7 above), it will be at the discretion of Management as to whether the breach justifies instant dismissal based on the seriousness of the offence and/or previous disciplinary breaches.
Upon dismissal, the company shall:
- Give the employee written confirmation of the dismissal including the process followed and reasons for dismissal;
- Unless the dismissal is for serious misconduct or breach of cardinal rules, give the employee the period of notice required by law or payment in lieu;
- Pay the employee all moneys owed for work completed.