It is our policy that workers who are required to work on their own have access to suitable communication equipment and/or to set up systems to ensure they are adequately supported in the case of limited communication accessibility.
This policy is achieved via:
- Testing mobile reception at each new work site.
- Ensuring that person working alone is able to contact the Supervisor or a designated third party in the event of an emergency.
- Organising regular contact with the person working alone to check that no problems have occurred. As a minimum contact is required each half day of work.
- Only employees deemed competent to work alone will be authorised to do so.
- Limitation for task specific jobs which are deemed high risk.
- Safe Operating Procedure outlining processes and procedure clearly.